Background: In 2018 year, A7D Creative Group and Citrus PR were brought on board to elevate and modernize the Del Mar Highlands Town Center brand. Across every touchpoint, a fresh look and feel combined with on-property experiences and reputation-building efforts created a new welcome mat for the Center.
Strategy: Based on research about the community, customer base and tenant goals, a cohesive marketing program was developed to engage and drive traffic to the Center daily, tied to seasonal offerings; and destination appeal. Press and visual storytelling efforts spotlighted the Center’s biggest assets – its tenants – who each have a special offering to provide, and combined, create endless itineraries for shoppers to enjoy their visit.
Results: The brand officially stepped into a new era for the legacy Center, thereby raising the bar for the Center to attract higher caliber tenants and create a longer-lasting shopper experience while on-property. Through a host of tactics across visual branding, experiential, public relations and digital marketing, the Center became recognized as a go-to Center for both its necessities and life luxuries, as part of a San Diego coastal lifestyle.
A destination within the Center, the team launched the Sky Deck, as part of the 125 million dollar expansion bringing the first of its kind dining locale to Del Mar Highlands Town Center. With nine full-service restaurants, a craft cocktail bar, and a brewer’s deck, the Sky Deck has become a must-visit destination as part of San Diego’s culinary scene. At its core, the creativity, ingenuity and combination of nationally recognized and local boutique brands combined make the Center a highly attractive place to be, see and celebrate. Not to miss: the Center’s “Tis the Sea Sun” coastal themed holiday seasonal activation making the Center the place to feel the magic of the holidays. The team today continues to lead the creative and marketing efforts for the property, building off the new foundation and maintaining a cadence of surprise and delight throughout the Center year-round.
- Creative Direction
- Marketing Strategy: PR, Social Media, Email Marketing
- Press outreach and coverage to support leasing goals as well as Center marketing initiatives to drive traffic to existing tenants
- Influencer and photoshoot collaborations
- Seasonal Event Planning, Strategy & Execution
- Advertising Strategy & Media Buying
- Graphic Design
- On Property Seasonal Campaign Activations
- On Property Collateral Design & Print
- On Property Event Planning & Marketing
- On Property Leasing Design & Print
- Visual Strategy & Planning
- Printing: Signage, Directories, Storefront, Environmental
- Website Design
- Website Management: Visual, Content Curation